Blogging in Course 5
As you proceed through Course 5 there will be no formal weekly blogging prompts. Instead, we encourage you to continue to develop your own blogging routines, as well as your voice. There are three required posts for Course 5, two of which have a required topic (see below), the topic of the third post is your choice. Of course, you are always welcome to publish more than the minimum number of posts!
Required topics for two of your three posts:
- A reflection on your participation in your personal learning network over the course of this program and your continued plans for future growth. In what ways have you connected with others both within and beyond the COETAIL community (outside of the required blogging practice)? How has this participation enhanced your learning and professional development?
- A reflection of your Course 5 presentation (similar to your reflections for all previous courses) including all related materials (slides, videos, unit planners, etc).
These two posts can be published at any time during the Course, but we encourage you to write these two towards the end of the course, when you’ve had time to build your PLN, as well as implement your project.
Your third post can be about anything that interests you, here are some suggestions based on other COETAIL graduates:
- An introduction to your project: what do you plan to do and why? How do you think you might get there? What are you hoping to see in your students learning as you conduct the project?
- The progress you’re making on your project. Often we have COETAILers post regularly (every other week or so) during Course 5, sharing what they’ve been doing with their project and how things are moving along.
- Highlights from your classroom and the implementation of what you’ve been learning. Images and other media are great ways to enhance this kind of post.
- Your thoughts and reflections on resources and ideas that you’ve discovered recently – these could be topics that relate to your final project, or anything else that’s interesting to you at the moment.
Your 3 blog posts for Course 5 will make up 25% of your final grade for this course. As usual, we will use this blogging rubric (note the percentage is different on this document because it’s the same rubric we use for the rest of the four courses).
You may write these posts at any time during the course (and add them to your spreadsheet as you write them). However all three must be posted to your blog by November 24th.